Priv1 & Priv1.edb Size
RAZ
2009-10-28 22:20:01 UTC
We are using Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2. The space alloted for the
mailboxes(Priv1 & priv1.edb) is 110GBs. Currently there is only 12.9GBs of
free space available as users mailboxes have grown over the last several
years.
I'm in the process of creating pst folders on a separate server for users to
move all emails that they absolutely must save over the years. Unfortunately
even though we have moved several GBs of mail over to the pst folders the
priv.edb file never seems to get smaller only fuller. Am I missing somethng
here, if we moved emails out of the user's mailbox and onto a PST folder that
is located on another server not connected to Exchange, shouldn't we be
seeing a reduction in the Priv1 & priv1.edb file size? We're losing almost
1/2 GB of space a day.
Ed Crowley [MVP]
2009-10-29 00:28:28 UTC
First, when you delete items, they may not go away right away, depending on
your deleted item retention setting. Second, the .edb file never shrinks on
its own. However, if you clean enough material out of it (subject to
deleted item recovery), it shouldn't grow for a while because the store will
reuse "white space" that is available before further expanding the database.
The 1221 event log messages that appear when your scheduled store
maintenance runs will tell you how much free space is in the .edb file to be
reused.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
.
1/2 GB of space a day.
Ron
2009-11-02 15:45:01 UTC
Then how do I increase the available free space of our Mail Storage group
drive that holds the Priv1 files? Also, if we're moving emails out of the
user's mailbox into an archive PST folder on a different server wouldn't the
space gain be evident immediately?
Post by Ed Crowley [MVP]
First, when you delete items, they may not go away right away, depending on
your deleted item retention setting. Second, the .edb file never shrinks on
its own. However, if you clean enough material out of it (subject to
deleted item recovery), it shouldn't grow for a while because the store will
reuse "white space" that is available before further expanding the database.
The 1221 event log messages that appear when your scheduled store
maintenance runs will tell you how much free space is in the .edb file to be
reused.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..
.
Ed Crowley [MVP]
2009-11-02 23:46:34 UTC
Comments inline below.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
.
Post by Ron
Then how do I increase the available free space of our Mail Storage group
drive that holds the Priv1 files?
That depends on the kind of storage you have. If it's just direct-attached
disk, you'll probably need to add new storage and move the database to it,
then remove or reuse the old storage.
Post by Ron
Also, if we're moving emails out of the
user's mailbox into an archive PST folder on a different server wouldn't the
space gain be evident immediately?
Not if it is subject to deleted item recovery as I previously mentioned. If
you set deleted item recovery to 0 days, the 1221 message will show the free
space at the conclusion of the next scheduled store maintenance period. But
you'll lose recoverability of deleted items without a restore.
.
m***@gmail.com
2018-06-07 07:32:32 UTC
Is this post for recovery of corrupted exchange server edb file pub1 & priv1 database .
So go with sifo systems edb to pst recovery software and recover your exchange edb file data with all of database like as inbox,calendar ,notes,contacts,task,etc .

This software tool has good and nice working support with all version of edb files like as edb 2016,edb 2013,edb 2010,etc .

Ask more query to data recovery experts :- ***@sifosystems.com

Go for free download of software ,click here :- https://www.crunchbase.com/person/sifo-systems-f6cc
r***@gmail.com
2018-08-03 10:57:40 UTC
For a tried and tested exchange recovery tool that provides an effective solution for all exchange recovery needs try EdbMails. EdbMails offers unparalleled features like private and public folder recovery and archive folder migration to office 365 and Live exchange server. It is one of the most reliable Exchange EDB to PST Converter software in the market that makes use of its advanced deep scanning mechanisms to recover most data out of corrupt/inaccessible exchange databases and convert them into Outlook PST file without any loss of original database.

For more info and download visit : https://www.edbmails.com/