Outlook Express 6 connected Exchange Server 2007
KF Thomas SHIU
2008-03-31 23:55:03 UTC
Hi all,

I was unable to send mail from Outlook Express 6 or other POP/SMTP clients.
I am using Exchange 2007.

The following message appear:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was '<e-mail address>'. Subject
'Test', Account: '<account name>', Server: '<server FQDN>', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800ccc79

Is anyone have any idea for this?

KF Thomas SHIU
General Network Computing Limited
Jammy-MVP
2008-04-01 09:41:44 UTC
By default Exchange 2007 POP3 is use 995 TLS port.
Use Get-POPSetting & Set-POPsetting cmdlet to confirm & configure the pop
Login type.
The article is post by MS Exchange Team Blog,may useful to you.
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/05/16/439093.aspx

BR,
Jammy
KF Thomas SHIU
2008-04-01 15:00:34 UTC
Thank you for reply. I can receive mail by normal POP3 by change the POP3
Authentication to Plain Text (Basic Authentication). However i was unable to
send mail from Outlook Express by using normal Port 25. Do you have any
ideas about this?

Since the mail server may be use by third party customer. I don't want my
client use complicated configuration on their computer.
Post by KF Thomas SHIU
Hi all,
I was unable to send mail from Outlook Express 6 or other POP/SMTP
clients. I am using Exchange 2007.
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '<e-mail address>'.
Subject 'Test', Account: '<account name>', Server: '<server FQDN>',
Jammy-MVP
2008-04-03 15:31:57 UTC
The outgoin server must point to Hub transport SMTP service.
Only Hub transport SMTP service support Account Authentication.
In Outlok express must select check box at "My server requier
authentication"
Post by KF Thomas SHIU
Hi all,
I was unable to send mail from Outlook Express 6 or other POP/SMTP
clients. I am using Exchange 2007.
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '<e-mail address>'.
Subject 'Test', Account: '<account name>', Server: '<server FQDN>',
KF Thomas SHIU
2008-04-04 14:10:01 UTC
I don't understand. I have only one Server, that means all the POP and SMTP
should be point to the same address / hostname. I also enable the option "My
server requires authentication". However, I still cannot send mail. Is the
Hub Transport at the Exchange Management Console have some configuration
option i need to do?
Post by KF Thomas SHIU
Hi all,
I was unable to send mail from Outlook Express 6 or other POP/SMTP
clients. I am using Exchange 2007.
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '<e-mail address>'.
Subject 'Test', Account: '<account name>', Server: '<server FQDN>',
Rich Matheisen [MVP]
2008-04-05 02:00:18 UTC
Post by KF Thomas SHIU
I don't understand. I have only one Server, that means all the POP and SMTP
should be point to the same address / hostname. I also enable the option "My
server requires authentication". However, I still cannot send mail. Is the
Hub Transport at the Exchange Management Console have some configuration
option i need to do?
Use the Exchange "Help" on the Exchange Management Console and look
for "How to allow anonymous relay on a receive connector".
--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
Or to these, either: mailto:***@pinkroccade.com mailto:***@getronics.com mailto:***@pinkroccade.com
Rich Matheisen [MVP]
2008-04-05 15:49:32 UTC
"KF Thomas SHIU" <***@gnc.com.hk> wrote:

[ snip ]
Some body told me, I need a server run "Edge Transport Role" to serve the
SMTP. Is it correct or I can install the role in one server?
You can listen to their advice, or you can look at what I suggested,
which has the answer to your problem.

No, you cannot install the "edge" role on an Exchange server with any
other roles.
Before Exchange 2007, It is a very simple task while setup a SMTP server to
do send mail. I just enable the option "My server requires authentication"
and use the same logon name as POP account. I feel the new server is totally
different thing as I learn before. It make me feel headache.
If anonymous relay isn't for you, have the clients use port 587 and
connect to the Client receive connector instead of the Default receive
connector. If they're using Outlook Express, change the SMTP port on
the "Advanced" tab of the account's properties.
a***@gmail.com
2013-05-22 07:21:43 UTC
Hey KF Thomas SHIU
I have got a blog which is describes Exchange to Outlook Express configuration. May this blog helpful for you : http://msexchangetothunderbird.tumblr.com/post/48606623205/exchange-to-outlook-express-using-exchange-edb-to-eml