New users no longer showing up in the Global Addess List
boe
2007-03-23 19:57:32 UTC
Hello,

I'm running Exchange 2003 SP2 plus patches on a Windows 2003 SP1 server in a
Windows 2003 AD environment. Until 2 weeks ago when you created a new user
in AD, it would auto create the mailbox and the user would show up in the
global address list. It still autocreates the user account, the user seems
to be a member of the same groups as the others, everything about their mail
account works including OWA OMA etc however for some reason they don't show
up in the GAL.

Anything I can check?
boe
Anything I can check?
boe
Anything I can check?
boe
2007-03-23 20:49:40 UTC
When going to Exchange System Manager, going to recipients, going to all
global address lists, going to default global address lists - properties I
get -
(& (mailnickname=*) (|
(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact))(objectCategory=group)(objectCategory=publicFolder)(objectCategory=msExchDynamicDistributionList)
))

If I select preview - it does not have the new users listed - what should I
be looking at/for?

Thanks
Anything I can check?
Missy Koslosky [MVP]
Anything I can check?
boe
Anything I can check?
Missy Koslosky [MVP]
Anything I can check?
boe
Anything I can check?
boe
2007-03-24 01:18:28 UTC
Thanks - just found it -
Go to "Recipient Update Services" section and right-click each entry and
choose "rebuild now"
I'll let you know.

Thanks again.
Anything I can check?
boe
2007-03-24 01:47:06 UTC
OK - new info - I tried to rebuild the GAL and the offline address book -
I'm getting error (0x8004010F) when I click on tools send recieve address
book. I tried to click on browse under exchange system manager address
list - list server and nothing happens. I tried to create a new offline
address book but when I enter a name and then click browse for list server
nothing happens so I can't create a new offline address book.
Anything I can check?
boe
2007-03-24 01:59:27 UTC
OK, Thanks for your help, I've restarted my Information store after
rebuilding and the name is in the global address list. However the issue
appears to have something to do with the offline address book as I get the
(0x8004010F) error and I can't create a new offline address because I can't
select a list server - clicking on that button in ESM doesn't do anything -
would you like me to start a new thread?

Thanks
Anything I can check?
Dave Goldman [MSFT]
2007-03-26 19:03:46 UTC
This means that the OAB files are not there for the user to download. Download a copy of OABInteg from the link below and run the following: oabinteg /s:srvname /t:oabfldcheck /v:2 /l (creates a c:\oabinteg.txt file) and post the results here.

Also turn up diagnostic logging for MSExchangeSA\OAL Generator and rebuild and you will find errors. Post them here as well.

Dgoldman
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
Download OABInteg (http://gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Download.aspx?SampleGuid=A2338E73-F521-4071-9B1D-AAF49C346ACD)

Anything I can check?
boe
2007-03-26 19:25:40 UTC
Thanks!

OABInteg (Offline Address Book Integrity Checker)

Product Version 06.05.7839.0

OABInteg.exe

Microsoft Corporation, Copyright (C) 2006

Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.

c:\OABinteg.txt has been opened for writing.

Unable to obtain the configuration container.

NOTE: Running this tool against a resource mailbox account will most likely cause the tool to fail when being ran.

Registry scan started at: 12:18:53 PM

Checking for OAB Registry Keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeSA\Parameters\ registry key has been opened with read rights.

Checking for the OAL NT5 DN Rejection registry value: NOT FOUND - this is ok.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeSA\Parameters\ registry key has been closed.

Total registry keys found 1.

Total registry values found 0.

Checking for the (HKLM) Exchange Provider Registry Key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider registry key has been opened with read rights.

Checking for the DS Server registry value: NOT FOUND - this is ok.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider registry key has been closed.

Total registry keys found 1.

Total registry values found 0.

Checking for the (HKCU) Exchange Provider Registry Key

Exchange Provider registry key not present on this system - this is ok.

Total registry keys found 0.

Total registry values found 0.

Checking for the DSAccess Profile Registry Keys

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeDSAccess\Profiles\Default registry key has been opened with read rights.

Default DSAccess Profile Key Found: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeDSAccess\Profiles\Default

Checking for LDAPConnections registry value: NOT FOUND - this is ok.

Checking for AsyncLDAPConnections registry value: NOT FOUND - this is ok.

Checking for Hostname registry value: NOT FOUND - this is ok.

Checking for PortNumber registry value: NOT FOUND - this is ok.

Checking for IsGC registry value: NOT FOUND - this is ok.

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeDSAccess\Profiles\Default registry key has been closed.

Default DSAccess profile (UserDC1) key not found - this is ok.

Default DSAccess profile (UserGC1) key not found - this is ok.

Total registry keys found 1.

Total registry values found 0.

Checking for user MAPI profiles.

The MAPI subsystem was initialized successfully.

Profile found: Backup Exec Exchange Agent 08335c86.00000dcc

Profile found: sfa__1174701227

Logoff of profile successful.

Closing MAPI session.

The MAPI subsystem was un-initialized successfully.

Checking for Exchange system MAPI profiles.

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles registry key has been opened with read rights.

Servers Profiles found on this system.

---------------------------------------

(1) Backup Exec Exchange Agent 00f8ebe0.000003d0

(2) Backup Exec Exchange Agent 044b59e6.00001500

(3) ExchangeAdmin MAIL-MYDOMAIN 0x12d10808:0x5d9ca63

(4) ExchangeAdmin MAIL-MYDOMAIN 0x12d12d78:0xa1f6b138

(5) ExchangeAdmin MAIL-MYDOMAIN 0x12d133a8:0x0303d9

(6) ExchangeAdmin MAIL-MYDOMAIN 0x12d13c40:0x02e257

(7) ExchangeAdmin MAIL-MYDOMAIN 0x12d164f8:0x02ba4d

(8) ExchangeAdmin MAIL-MYDOMAIN 0x12d166d0:0x02bef1

(9) ExchangeAdmin MAIL-MYDOMAIN 0x12d1ad70:0x02b4a0

(10) ExchangeAdmin MAIL-MYDOMAIN 0x12d35a48:0x555f3c9c

(11) ExchangeAdmin MAIL-MYDOMAIN 0x12d377a0:0x82e120

(12) ExchangeAdmin MAIL-MYDOMAIN 0x12d3a6b8:0x0a2a5b

Registry scan ended at: 12:18:53 PM

Starting Test 9 - OAB System Folder Check

OAB System folder check started at: 12:18:53 PM

The MAPI subsystem was initialized successfully.

Attempting to create OABInteg-Admin_12:18:53 PM profile on MAIL-MYDOMAIN.

OABInteg-Admin_12:18:53 PM profile was created in the Windows Messaging Subsystem on MAIL-MYDOMAIN.

Obtaining a MAPI Session.

Initializing MAPI profile.

Logging on to MAPI session with the selected profile.

Profile linked to Mailbox: /o=mydomain/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Administrator

Profile Version: 0x1

Profile Type: 0x0

Sort Locale being used by the server is: 1033

Code Page being used by the server is 1252

Global Address book opened using address book provider.

Address book root entry scanned.

WARNING: Unable to retrieve the property for PR_PROFILE_HOME_SERVER from the profile.

Windows Message Subsystem profile registry subkey dca740c8c042101ab4b908002b2fe182 has no values.

NOTE: This is the server we will be using to connect to the active directory via NSPI for queries.

The very first time you log in with your profile this registry value will be blank and Exchange will

ask the global catalog server for a referral and then populate this key.

You can take a netmon trace while logging in if you want to see the global catalog server we are using.

Opening the Exchange Public Folder Store.

Retrieving the message store table.

Obtaining store table properties.

Hierarchy Server: MAIL-MYDOMAIN

Store Offline: 0 (1 = True | 0 = False)

Trying to retrieve the property for the PR_ADDRBOOK_FOR_LOCAL_SITE_ENTRYID.

Property for PR_ADDRBOOK_FOR_LOCAL_SITE_ENTRYID found.

Could not access the system folders using the PR_ADDRBOOK_FOR_LOCAL_SITE_ENTRYID.

OpenEntry Failure: hr = 0x8004010f - MAPI Error = MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND: The specified object was not found.

Function: GetDefaultLocalOabFolder

Line number: 896

Scan Ended at: 12:19:51 PM

Closing session to the public folder information store. Please wait.

Closing reference to System Folders.

Closing connection to the public folder information store. Please wait.

OABInteg-Admin_12:18:53 PM profile was found and deleted from the Windows Messaging Subsystem.

Anything I can check?
Dave Goldman [MSFT]

Anything I can check?
boe
2007-03-26 21:10:50 UTC
THanks,

I downloaded from your link.

I believe I do have an offline address list associated with my store - but I'll check - can you tell me what you want me to do?