sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1 - >chkuser)
Sanjay Mehta
2007-08-27 14:16:05 UTC
Hi,
rejected address saying "sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1 -
chkuser)"
what could be wrong because the email address seems fine.

thx
Susan
thx
Sanjay Mehta
2007-08-27 18:14:12 UTC
Hi,

At the moment I am aware its just one user from outside trying to email me
or user2 in our organisation.

I have pasted that error above.
Your message was not delivered because the return address was refused.
what could it be?

thanks
thx
Susan
thx
Sanjay Mehta
2007-08-27 19:30:04 UTC
http://www.box.net/shared/x96pil1sj0

http://www.box.net/shared/clya7uqfbg

yes. is it our dns provider? what should we do?

thanksx
thx
Susan
2007-08-27 20:46:14 UTC
you have your DNS hosted? if so, contact them...
--
Susan Conkey [MVP]
Post by Sanjay Mehta
Hi,
At the moment I am aware its just one user from outside trying to email me
or user2 in our organisation.
I have pasted that error above.
Your message was not delivered because the return address was refused.
what could it be?
thanks
just the one user having trouble, receiving? or multiple/all users?
--
Susan Conkey [MVP]
Post by Sanjay Mehta
Hi,
511 5.7.1 server [vmail1.sentex.ca] for
thx
Rich Matheisen [MVP]
2007-08-28 02:10:14 UTC
Post by Sanjay Mehta
Hi,
rejected address saying "sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1 -
chkuser)"
what could be wrong because the email address seems fine.
You should ask the admin of the server that sent that status message.
It wasn't Exchange.

My guess, if it wasn't the machine at 208.97.82.2, that it's a badly
configured secondary MX at 66.231.182.80 or 205.234.170.136.

In other word, it's probably not your problem.
--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
Or to these, either: mailto:***@pinkroccade.com mailto:***@getronics.com mailto:***@pinkroccade.com
Rich Matheisen [MVP]
2007-08-28 02:13:41 UTC
"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <***@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:

[ snip ]
Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP]
My guess, if it wasn't the machine at 208.97.82.2, that it's a badly
configured secondary MX at 66.231.182.80 or 205.234.170.136.
In other word, it's probably not your problem.
Sorry . . . I meant "not your server".

If those two other IP addresses are your secondary MX then I'd take
the problem back to the owner of those machines -- or just drop the
sedondary and tertiary MX altogether, they're probably just spam
magnets.
Sanjay Mehta
2007-08-28 13:42:03 UTC
Hi,

I am surprised.

IP=66.231.182.35 is from dnsmadeeasy.com

And IP=205.234.170.136 is from dnsmadeeasy.com

i.e in case our server is down.

The funny thing is that if you go to DNSReport
(http://member.dnsstuff.com/pages/tools.php) and input the domain for the
report [Domain Tools]– you can see the MX records if you traverse down.

However if you go to [HostName Tools] and search specifically for MX records
for the domain – you don’t get any MX records.

Thanks
Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP]
[ snip ]
Rich Matheisen [MVP]
2007-08-29 01:27:47 UTC
Post by Sanjay Mehta
I am surprised.
IP=66.231.182.35 is from dnsmadeeasy.com
And IP=205.234.170.136 is from dnsmadeeasy.com
i.e in case our server is down.
Most SMTP servers will retry messages for a day or two. There are
those that give up after 30 minutes. Unless getting all you spam
without losing any, the secondary MX provides a lot of extra risk and
only little extra value.

I can't get a connection to 66.231.182.35:25, but 205.234.170.136
accepts the address okay.

The "A" record for your domain points to an email server, too:
220-casina.technosys.ca ESMTP Exim 4.66 #1 Tue, 28 Aug 2007 20:20:54
-0500

Perhaps that's the machine that rejects the address?

No matter how you slice it, you've got a pretty weird setup going
there.
Sanjay Mehta
m***@gmail.com
2018-03-20 13:03:06 UTC