Recover a corrupt mailbox.
Yagnesh Patel
2008-03-26 10:19:12 UTC
Hi,

I have a mailbox that is corrupt. Only one mailbox. How can I recover the
mailbox without doing a restore. I know in Lotus Notes you could run some
server commands which could fix the issue, but can that be done in Exchange?

Thanks

Yagnesh Patel
Scooty
2008-03-26 10:44:14 UTC
Hi,
I have a mailbox that is corrupt.  Only one mailbox.  How can I recover the
mailbox without doing a restore.  I know in Lotus Notes you could run some
server commands which could fix the issue, but can that be done in Exchange?
Thanks
Yagnesh Patel
You don't say whether or not you are running Exchange 2k3 or 2k7
I don't know much about Exchange 2007 but in 2k3 you cannot restore a
single mailbox unless you have backup software that supports it,
Backup Exec with Exchange agent etc can do it!
Options are, restore the whole mailbox store to the recovery storage
group extract the users mailbox to a pst file then import it back into
the users mailbox.
Or if you are running cached mode, disconnect from the network, start
Outlook, export the OST file to a PST file, delete and recreate the
mailbox and restore the PST file. I recommend that you set a GPO to
enable offline cached mode for all users
There are utilities like eseutil (I think it is) but I doubt this will
fix one individual mailbox
Lastly there are 3rd party apps like Ontrack Power Controls that allow
you to extract single mailboxes from the database but if it's corrupt
I don't know if this will help. The Onrtack Power Control demo allows
you to try the recovery but not save the results!!
Others may have other suggestions!! But I hope that helps
John Fullbright
2008-03-26 13:37:49 UTC
It's likely a case where you'll want third party tools.

1. If you want to extract the corrupt mailbox, then Ontrack or Quest have
tools to do this.

2. If you want to recover the OST, you'll need a tool to convert it to a
PST.
MOHIT MATHUR
2011-02-14 12:04:20 UTC
In order to repair your corrupt mailbox in Lotus Notes, you can try Stellar Lotus Notes Recovery Software which is an excellenty software to repair corrupt NSF file and recovers all emails, calendar entries, notes, tasks, journals, attachments and address books. Lotus Notes Recovery software is an advanced and powerful tool which scans, repairs nsf files & performs quick recovery of corrupted NSF file components.
Post by John Fullbright
[...]
Post by Scooty
r the
me
e?
[...]
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
SQL Server Table Valued Parameters / Types - Multiple Row Inserts
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/1b4677b6-3be6-4b68-897f-e4829fa8f33b/sql-server-table-valued-parameters--types--multiple-row-inserts.aspx
MOHIT MATHUR
2011-02-14 12:05:13 UTC
In order to repair your corrupt mailbox in Lotus Notes, you can try Stellar Lotus Notes Recovery Software which is an excellent software to repair corrupt NSF file and recovers all emails, calendar entries, notes, tasks, journals, attachments and address books. Lotus Notes Recovery software is an advanced and powerful tool which scans, repairs nsf files & performs quick recovery of corrupted NSF file components.
Post by John Fullbright
[...]
Post by Scooty
r the
me
e?
Post by MOHIT MATHUR
In order to repair your corrupt mailbox in Lotus Notes, you can try Stellar Lotus Notes Recovery Software which is an excellenty software to repair corrupt NSF file and recovers all emails, calendar entries, notes, tasks, journals, attachments and address books. Lotus Notes Recovery software is an advanced and powerful tool which scans, repairs nsf files & performs quick recovery of corrupted NSF file components.
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Statistics, Probability, Lotteries and Dumb Programmers
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/041de19a-e704-468f-bd3c-79164fc739f5/statistics-probability-lotteries-and-dumb-programmers.aspx
Jhon Steve
2012-03-08 05:14:37 UTC
You can try OST file recovery tools to repair your OST file. Below is a list of them:

http://www.datanumen.com/aexr/compare.htm

Most of them provide a free demo so you can try first.

Steve
Post by John Fullbright
[...]
Post by Scooty
r the
me
e?
Jamesh Koler
2012-03-12 09:48:56 UTC
Kernel for OST to PST conversion acts more like an OST reader tool
that instantly reads the OST file and export into Outlook PST file.
The best feature about this tool is it makes use of advanced
techniques to convert OST file to PST file and further transfers all
the emails, messages and all email components in Microsoft Outlook.
The tool provides complete support to OST files created with any
version of MS Outlook and Exchange Server and even doesn’t require
original outlook profile for OST to PST conversion.
For more details - http://www.osttopsttool.com
beckan kanny
2012-03-14 21:51:06 UTC
Hi..
You can repair corrupt mailbox by using microsoft inbox repair tool.
This software repairs corrupted mailbox and recovers all Outlook
attributes such as emails, contacts, appointments, attachments etc.
You can download demo version of this software and check its working
before purchasing full version software.

For more details visit - http://www.inbox-repair-tool.org/
download the software at - http://www.remosoftware.com/remo-repair-outlook.exe
z***@gmail.com
2013-11-26 12:16:35 UTC
If you are connected MS Outlook with Exchange with cached exchange mode that time an .ost file created in your front. To recover corrupt mailbox from OST file you can do OST to PST conversion. Use best OST Converter that helps you to recover corrupt mailbox from OST and restore into .pst format. PST file can be open with Outlook even exchange server is not connected.
Product Overview: http://osttopst.pagerankbar.com