Cannot repair PST file
KenL
2009-06-28 00:41:36 UTC
Dear all,

Our company computers are using outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007.
I backup all of the email pst file to another harddisk and then I formatted
my harddisk to reinstall windows yesterday. After restore the pst file back
to my harddisk, the computer show me the error message and I can't mount the
pst file to my outlook 2007. I also used scanpst.exe to repair but it cannot
able to start that it asks me to scan the harddisk first and then try again
to scanpst. But it still can't scan. Is my pst file already corrupt that I
never can be retrieve all of my email? Could I retrieve the email from
Exchange server 2007? I heard some function that we can retrieve email even
I had already downloaded to my own pst file in my PC. Is this true? And I
had tried to search many pst repair tools on internet, but all of the
software need to charge. No freeware for repair pst file?
Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
KenL
Nikki Peterson
2009-06-28 01:30:27 UTC
Did you copy this pst onto your desktop from a CD?

If so, then select the properties of the file and turn off the
Read Only check mark. To select the properties, just
right click the file and select "Properties".

ScanPST can take a few runs to work.

Also you may want to check on slipstick:

Convert an old PST to a Unicode PST
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ansi-to-unicode.asp

To repair a damaged Personal Folders PST file
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.asp

To repair a 2GB Personal Folders or Offline Folders file
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.asp

Or do a search for more, just go to: http://www.slipstick.com

Alot of good info can be gleamed from this site.

Nikki

KenL
Andrew Sword [MVP]
KenL
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]
2009-06-29 12:18:23 UTC
Post by KenL
Our company computers are using outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007.
I backup all of the email pst file to another harddisk and then I formatted
my harddisk to reinstall windows yesterday.
If you're using an Exchange account, there's no reason you really need a PST.
Post by KenL
After restore the pst file back to my harddisk, the computer show me the
error message and I can't mount the pst file to my outlook 2007.
Please don't make us guess the error message. Post it in its entirety.
Post by KenL
Is my pst file already corrupt that I never can be retrieve all of my email?
Depends on what error you see.
Post by KenL
Could I retrieve the email from Exchange server 2007?
Depends on you you had your mail configured before you started all of this.
If youre delivery location was the mailbox, then all your data should still be
on the server. If your delivery locatrion was a PST to start with, then it's
likely gone.
Post by KenL
I heard some function that we can retrieve email even I had already
downloaded to my own pst file in my PC. Is this true?
Likely not.
Post by KenL
And I had tried to search many pst repair tools on internet, but all of the
software need to charge. No freeware for repair pst file?
If your data is important, the cost of a repair tool is insignificant.
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
wangdong
2009-08-20 13:24:29 UTC
Hi KenL

You can try a popular Outlook recovery tool called Advanced Outlook
Repair to repair your PST file. It is a powerful tool to recover
messages, folders and other objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft
Outlook PST files.

Detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/aor/

And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe
Good luck!
Wangdong
jimmyread
2009-12-12 08:36:35 UTC
Post by KenL
[...]
One of the reasons for the Outlook to get corrupt is by installing
new version of OS. I had Outlook 2000 and when I upgraded it to Outloo
2007,it get corrupted. I was not able to view a single folder in th
damaged Outlook. I then tried a software called Outlook PST Repair tha
repaired the damaged Outlook and that too without corrupting the PS
files.

There were some emails of mine that got accidentally deleted and thi
software was also able to recover those deleted emails as well. Th
software will be able to recover your deleted emails and would als
repair your damaged Outlook 2007. I hope that this software is able t

'Outlook PST Repair' (http://www.outlookpstrepair.co.uk
http://forums.slipstick.co
wangdong
2009-12-14 08:43:09 UTC
If you have any problems with pst file, you can try a tool called
Advanced Outlook Repair. You can download a free demo version at
http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe . I think it is a useful repair
tool for you. It is easy to recover your PST file by using its wizard.

http://www.datanumen.com/aor/
jimmyrayjit
2010-02-11 11:19:20 UTC
and all,
Today MS Outlook is used to save electronic mails, contacts and suc
other important files and folders to access easily. MS Outlook gives yo
privilege to access the stored data from remote system. That is why i
is being so popular in professional life. MS Outlook saves all the file
with a specific file extension such as: "file_name.pst".
In general we know MS Outlook stores the data safely, but you ma
wrong. Today hundredths results have came against MS Outlook tha
becomes unable to access the PST files in a few situation. To get bac
the corrupt, damaged or deleted PST files, a few program have been als
developed. PST Repair Tool is one of them. First, it tries to repair th
damaged PSI files. But the file is not present in actual, their recover
is needed.
Repair PST tool can also acts as "PST Recovery application". if yo
have such kind of issues, you can go for PST Repair tool. It works an
help the MS outlook users!
Thanks!
Get More Detail Here: http://www.repairpst.inf
--
jimmyrayji
http://forums.slipstick.co
s***@gmail.com
2012-07-06 08:29:51 UTC
Post by KenL
[...]
thanks for the information. looking forward to visit
http://www.repairpst.info
r***@gmail.com
2013-01-22 23:10:43 UTC
In case of severe corruption of PST file you need to use third party tool to recover damaged PST file. You can use the best Outlook recovery software to recover your lost and deleted data from damaged PST file. A few days back I also faced with same problem.I was very much confused how to fix PST file?
This software helps to recover Outlook attributes along with email recovery from damaged PST file. This software is available in free demo version you can download this software on your system and try for recovery.

http://www.remosoftware.com/download#rpst
n***@gmail.com
2013-01-22 23:14:07 UTC

m***@gmail.com
2013-05-11 10:30:13 UTC
Thank you nelson for information, But i found an another advanced PST Repair Tool which is works really amazingly and repairs file instantly.

For more info :
https://www.prbuzz.com/computer-software/94050-recovery-of-pst-file.html
p***@gmail.com
2013-09-08 02:22:15 UTC
You may repair pst file by the assistance of how to fix ms outlook 2007 error

http://www.fixoutlookerrors.outlookfixtool.com/
z***@gmail.com
2013-11-20 12:35:18 UTC
If you are using MS Outlook individually with POP3 email account that time you can repair corrupt PST file with Inbox repair tool. If SCANPST.EXE fails to recover PST that time use a strong PST repair tool known as Recover Outlook help you to do your task easily.

Product Overview: http://www.anuraag.net/suggests/repairing-damaged-outlook-data-file/

Note- This tool not work with Exchange Server
t***@gmail.com
2013-12-25 19:41:01 UTC
Utilize pst repair by using of Outlook Repair Toolbox

More details you may find at tool's page http://www.pst.repairtoolboxx.com/