Send email from Exchange Server using Transport Rule
B.E. Jorgenson
2009-06-03 15:22:44 UTC
Is it possible to have the Exchange Server send an email to a
recipient orginating from the Exchange Server like a server-side rule?
I want to create a Transport Rule that when a particular email is
received with certain text in the header, that a seperate email is
generated and sent to another recipient. It appears I can only CC,
BCC, and forward the original email to a recipient but I want the
transport rule to generate a completely new email/message to be sent
to a recipient. I know you can do this on client-side/Outlook rules,
but what about server-side/transport rules?

Thanks,
Brian
Oliver Moazzezi [MVP]
2009-06-03 15:32:15 UTC
Hi,

You could create and register a Custom Transport Rule

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/12/04/431755.aspx

Oliver
Techhead
2009-06-03 20:28:40 UTC
On Jun 3, 10:32 am, "Oliver Moazzezi [MVP]"
Post by Oliver Moazzezi [MVP]
Hi,
You could create and register a Custom Transport Rule
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/12/04/431755.aspx
Oliver
I am not a C# developer and I was hoping for an easier way. Can you
still create event sinks like in Exchange 2003 or does this method
replace that?
Oliver Moazzezi [MVP]
2009-06-04 09:43:37 UTC
Hi,

This method replaces that.

Oliver
replace that?
h***@melendrez.com
2014-05-07 20:34:54 UTC
Post by Oliver Moazzezi [MVP]
Hi,
You could create and register a Custom Transport Rule
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/12/04/431755.aspx
Oliver
Thanks for the dead end link