Last logon time from Exchange 2007
Mahesh.A
2008-09-23 08:55:01 UTC
Hi,
We wanted to take a last logon time of all users to find users not logged in
since 90 days.We tried to export the AD dump and found that data is not
updated for users who uses only OWA - webmail,then we have taken the last
logon details from individual exchange server using below mailbox statistics
command but later we realized that data taken from Exchange shell command
also is not valid completly and it has some descripency.Pls let us know how
we can get the last logon details from AD or Exchange 2007 and what is the
paramenter it uses in exchange 2007 to get the last logon details.

command used to export the details.

Get-mailbox -Resultsize unlimited –server server-name |get-mailboxstatistics
| select-object Database,DisplayName, LastLogonTime

Thanks in advanace.
Mahesh
y***@gmail.com
2008-09-23 09:15:58 UTC
Post by Mahesh.A
Hi,
We wanted to take a last logon time of all users to find users not logged in
since 90 days.We tried to export the AD dump and found that data is not
updated for users who uses only OWA - webmail,then we have taken the last
logon details from individual exchange server using below mailbox statistics
command but later we realized that data taken from Exchange shell command
also is not valid completly and it has some descripency.Pls let us know how
we can get the last logon details from AD or Exchange 2007 and what is the
paramenter it uses in exchange 2007 to get the last logon details.
command used to export the details.
Get-mailbox -Resultsize unlimited –server server-name |get-mailboxstatistics
|  select-object Database,DisplayName, LastLogonTime
Thanks in advanace.
Mahesh
not sure if this will help you at all, but the mailbox accessdate is
updated by some AV programs, Mailbox backups, and meeting Scheduling
by other people...
Ed Crowley [MVP]
2008-09-23 15:16:18 UTC
Last mailbox logon is not maintained in AD. You may use the
Get-MailboxStatistics cmdlet to get the last logon time, but that may turn
out to not be a useful piece of information.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124612(EXCHG.80).aspx
--
Ed Crowley MVP
.
Mahesh
v***@gmail.com
2013-06-23 12:23:34 UTC
Post by Mahesh.A
Hi,
We wanted to take a last logon time of all users to find users not logged in
since 90 days.We tried to export the AD dump and found that data is not
updated for users who uses only OWA - webmail,then we have taken the last
logon details from individual exchange server using below mailbox statistics
command but later we realized that data taken from Exchange shell command
also is not valid completly and it has some descripency.Pls let us know how
we can get the last logon details from AD or Exchange 2007 and what is the
paramenter it uses in exchange 2007 to get the last logon details.
command used to export the details.
Get-mailbox -Resultsize unlimited –server server-name |get-mailboxstatistics
| select-object Database,DisplayName, LastLogonTime
Thanks in advanace.
Mahesh
Thanks