Error: Unable to initialize MAPI interface--Free/Busy replication
v***@gmail.com
2005-01-14 18:27:02 UTC
I have run into the same problem. Did you find a solution since then?
I'm trying to get the Microsoft Exchange Server Interorg Replicator
Utility
to work. I set up the service and created the accounts as described
in the
utilities users guide
(http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q238/5/73.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=
gn&FR=0) . I get the following error when I turn on the utilities
"Error: Unable to initialize MAPI interface"
"Error: Current relication session skipped"
"Unable to create MAPI session using mailbox ..... under NT username
...."
I've tried playing with permissions with no luck. Any Ideas?
Michael Kant
2005-02-12 10:34:38 UTC
Thats very easy:

Log on as ExSyncUser to create your Profile.
Check all your useraccount informations at the configuration part.
Believe me, its always the credential part that makes the problems!
Don't put just the Mailbox User in.
Click expand:

ExSyncUser
****
DOMAIN

Good Luck
Michael
f***@gmail.com
2013-03-25 16:12:08 UTC
Post by v***@gmail.com
I have run into the same problem. Did you find a solution since then?
I'm trying to get the Microsoft Exchange Server Interorg Replicator
Utility
to work. I set up the service and created the accounts as described
in the
utilities users guide
(http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q238/5/73.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=
gn&FR=0) . I get the following error when I turn on the utilities
"Error: Unable to initialize MAPI interface"
"Error: Current relication session skipped"
"Unable to create MAPI session using mailbox ..... under NT username
...."
I've tried playing with permissions with no luck. Any Ideas?
I'm having the same problem, i have tried with the netbios name and the FQDN but no luck.
I can access the OWA of the 2010 ex server from the 2003 and ping the netbios or the FQDN without any problem