Can't move mailboxes - address list service?
Andy David {MVP}
2008-12-09 14:11:43 UTC
On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 06:09:17 -0800, SilverICE
I'm unable to move mailboxes all of a sudden from 2003 over to 2007. The
The address list service on the server 'MyServer.domain.com' is not running.
The Exchange server address list service failed to respond. This could be
because of an address list or email address policy configuration error.
The Exchange server address list service failed to respond. This could be
because of an address list or email address policy configuration error."
This seemed to start happening after we replaced some domain controller in
that site. Do I just need to restart my server or do I have bigger problems?
Yea, Try restarting the System Attendant and see if that resolves it.
James Yeomans BSc, MCSE
2008-12-09 15:57:02 UTC
Known issue with exchange 07 when the system attendan service stops. Just
restart it through the services console.
James.
--
James Yeomans, BSc, MCSE
Ask me directly at: http://www.justaskjames.co.uk
n***@gmail.com
i tried it and it works , many thanks
h***@gmail.com
2014-06-03 12:34:34 UTC
It's a wierd error to happen but yes restarting the attendant service like in this post
http://heresjaken.com/the-exchange-server-address-list-service-failed-to-respond-this-could-be-because-of-an-address-list-or-email-address-policy-configuration-error/
It just fixes it for no real reason. ....

a***@gmail.com
2014-04-08 08:55:56 UTC
""Yea, Try restarting the System Attendant and see if that resolves it.""
GREAT ANSWER!!! I JUST MADE THIS WAY AND NOW ITS OK.

Go to Services, and Re-Start Microsoft Exchange System Attendant