Exchange 2007 Encoding Problem. Chinese type characters
Damian T
2011-02-12 09:26:10 UTC
I am having a strange problem with Exchange 2007. Some emails appear
to be getting corrupted and end up looking like below

䠼䵔⁌楤㵲瑬㹲䠼䅅㹄㰊䕍䅔栠瑴⵰煥極㵶潃瑮湥⵴祔数挠湯整瑮∽整瑸栯浴㭬挠慨獲瑥甽楮潣敤㸢㰊䕍䅔挠湯整瑮∽卍呈䱍㘠〮⸰〶〰ㄮ〷㔹•慮敭䜽久剅呁剏
㰾䠯䅅㹄㰊佂奄ਾ䐼噉椠㵤摩坏剁灥祬敔瑸〲㔶搠物氽牴ਾ䐼噉搠物氽牴㰾但呎映捡㵥牁慩潣潬㵲〣〰〰‰楳敺㈽䄾⁳敲畱獥整㱤䘯乏㹔⼼䥄㹖⼼䥄㹖㰊䥄⁖楤
㵲瑬㹲䈼㹒㰊剈琠扡湉敤㵸ㄭਾ䘼乏⁔慦散吽桡浯⁡楳敺㈽㰾㹂牆浯㰺䈯‾慍瑲湩䈼㹒䈼匾湥㩴⼼㹂圠摥㈠㤯㈯㄰‱ㄱ㈺‷䵁䈼㹒䈼吾㩯⼼㹂愠捣畯瑮䁳慪慶敲異
汢捩挮浯䈼㹒䈼䌾㩣⼼㹂䄠摲牢潯㱫剂㰾㹂畓橢捥㩴⼼㹂倠祡敃匠景睴牡⁥楌散据敥䘠敥䈼㹒⼼但呎㰾剂㰾䐯噉ਾ䐼噉搠物氽牴ਾ䐼噉㰾但呎映捡㵥牁慩潣潬㵲
〣〰〰‰楳敺㈽䘾佁䄠捣畯瑮⁳慐慹汢⹥⼼但呎㰾䐯噉ਾ䐼噉㰾但呎映捡㵥牁慩楳敺㈽倾敬獡⁥潣瑮捡⁴慍瑲湩漠㄰㠭㠳㤲ㄲ䄠摲牢潯瑌⹤眠敨潹⁵慨敶
愠洠浯湥⹴⼼但呎㰾䐯噉ਾ䐼噉㰾但呎映捡㵥牁慩楳敺㈽吾慨歮⁳湡⁤敲慧摲ⱳ慍瑲湩㰮䘯乏㹔⼼䥄㹖⼼䥄㹖⼼佂奄㰾䠯䵔㹌

I have installed Exchange 2007 SP3 which has not made any difference.
The email goes through a relay so I can resend the email and every
time I send it the email comes through as above. I have also got the
email sent to another exch
pgartner
2011-02-15 23:58:10 UTC
Post by Damian T
I am having a strange problem with Exchange 2007. Some emails appear
to be getting corrupted and end up looking like below
䠼䵔⁌楤㵲瑬㹲䠼䅅㹄㰊䕍䅔栠瑴⵰煥極㵶潃瑮湥⵴祔数挠湯整瑮∽整瑸栯浴㭬挠慨獲瑥甽楮潣敤㸢㰊䕍䅔挠湯整瑮∽卍呈䱍㘠〮⸰〶〰ㄮ〷㔹•慮敭䜽久剅呁剏
㰾䠯䅅㹄㰊佂奄ਾ䐼噉椠㵤摩坏剁灥祬敔瑸〲㔶搠物氽牴ਾ䐼噉搠物氽牴㰾但呎映捡㵥牁慩潣潬㵲〣〰〰‰楳敺㈽䄾⁳敲畱獥整㱤䘯乏㹔⼼䥄㹖⼼䥄㹖㰊䥄⁖楤
㵲瑬㹲䈼㹒㰊剈琠扡湉敤㵸ㄭਾ䘼乏⁔慦散吽桡浯⁡楳敺㈽㰾㹂牆浯㰺䈯‾慍瑲湩䈼㹒䈼匾湥㩴⼼㹂圠摥㈠㤯㈯㄰‱ㄱ㈺‷䵁䈼㹒䈼吾㩯⼼㹂愠捣畯瑮䁳慪慶敲異
汢捩挮浯䈼㹒䈼䌾㩣⼼㹂䄠摲牢潯㱫剂㰾㹂畓橢捥㩴⼼㹂倠祡敃匠景睴牡⁥楌散据敥䘠敥䈼㹒⼼但呎㰾剂㰾䐯噉ਾ䐼噉搠物氽牴ਾ䐼噉㰾但呎映捡㵥牁慩潣潬㵲
〣〰〰‰楳敺㈽䘾佁䄠捣畯瑮⁳慐慹汢⹥⼼但呎㰾䐯噉ਾ䐼噉㰾但呎映捡㵥牁慩楳敺㈽倾敬獡⁥潣瑮捡⁴慍瑲湩漠㄰㠭㠳㤲ㄲ䄠摲牢潯瑌⹤眠敨潹⁵慨敶
愠洠浯湥⹴⼼但呎㰾䐯噉ਾ䐼噉㰾但呎映捡㵥牁慩楳敺㈽吾慨歮⁳湡⁤敲慧摲ⱳ慍瑲湩㰮䘯乏㹔⼼䥄㹖⼼䥄㹖⼼佂奄㰾䠯䵔㹌
I have installed Exchange 2007 SP3 which has not made any difference.
The email goes through a relay so I can resend the email and every
time I send it the email comes through as above. I have also got the
email sent to another exchange 2007 and it comes through fine
Any ideas ?
i had the problem with ONE site sending newsleters to one of my users.

so i subscribed to the newsletter on 3 diffrent exchange 2007
installation (different clients). when i inquired with the newsleter
people, they told me it was my mail server that was the problem. i
never found anything that could cause this.

lo and behold, it suddenly started to work a few months later. no
intervention on my parts. maybe it was a windows/excha
Damian T
2011-03-01 12:05:22 UTC
Still having the issue. Ran all windows and Exchange updates. I have
checked the headers and the emails that cause the problem all have
this
Header has extraneous Content-type:...type= entry
0.00 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML

included in message
0.82 MIME_QP_LONG_LINE RAW: Quoted-printable line longer than 76
chars

This is a multi-part

message in MIME format.
o***@gmail.com

message in MIME format.
a***@gmail.com
2013-09-16 07:03:11 UTC
Post by Damian T
I am having a strange problem with Exchange 2007. Some emails appear
to be getting corrupted and end up looking like below
䠼䵔⁌楤㵲瑬㹲䠼䅅㹄㰊䕍䅔栠瑴⵰煥極㵶潃瑮湥⵴祔数挠湯整瑮∽整瑸栯浴㭬挠慨獲瑥甽楮潣敤㸢㰊䕍䅔挠湯整瑮∽卍呈䱍㘠〮⸰〶〰ㄮ〷㔹•慮敭䜽久剅呁剏
㰾䠯䅅㹄㰊佂奄ਾ䐼噉椠㵤摩坏剁灥祬敔瑸〲㔶搠物氽牴ਾ䐼噉搠物氽牴㰾但呎映捡㵥牁慩潣潬㵲〣〰〰‰楳敺㈽䄾⁳敲畱獥整㱤䘯乏㹔⼼䥄㹖⼼䥄㹖㰊䥄⁖楤
㵲瑬㹲䈼㹒㰊剈琠扡湉敤㵸ㄭਾ䘼乏⁔慦散吽桡浯⁡楳敺㈽㰾㹂牆浯㰺䈯‾慍瑲湩䈼㹒䈼匾湥㩴⼼㹂圠摥㈠㤯㈯㄰‱ㄱ㈺‷䵁䈼㹒䈼吾㩯⼼㹂愠捣畯瑮䁳慪慶敲異
汢捩挮浯䈼㹒䈼䌾㩣⼼㹂䄠摲牢潯㱫剂㰾㹂畓橢捥㩴⼼㹂倠祡敃匠景睴牡⁥楌散据敥䘠敥䈼㹒⼼但呎㰾剂㰾䐯噉ਾ䐼噉搠物氽牴ਾ䐼噉㰾但呎映捡㵥牁慩潣潬㵲
〣〰〰‰楳敺㈽䘾佁䄠捣畯瑮⁳慐慹汢⹥⼼但呎㰾䐯噉ਾ䐼噉㰾但呎映捡㵥牁慩楳敺㈽倾敬獡⁥潣瑮捡⁴慍瑲湩漠㄰㠭㠳㤲ㄲ䄠摲牢潯瑌⹤眠敨潹⁵慨敶
愠洠浯湥⹴⼼但呎㰾䐯噉ਾ䐼噉㰾但呎映捡㵥牁慩楳敺㈽吾慨歮⁳湡⁤敲慧摲ⱳ慍瑲湩㰮䘯乏㹔⼼䥄㹖⼼䥄㹖⼼佂奄㰾䠯䵔㹌
I have installed Exchange 2007 SP3 which has not made any difference.
The email goes through a relay so I can resend the email and every
time I send it the email comes through as above. I have also got the
email sent to another exchange 2007 and it comes through fine
Any ideas ?
Look at the first 7 look-like-Chinese 16-bit char, they are 䠼䵔⁌楤㵲瑬㹲

Here is the hex code and the two 8-bit ASCII char
䠼483C H<
䵔4D54 MT
⁌204C L
楤6964 id
㵲3D72 =r
瑬746C tl
㹲3E72 >r

So, the SEVEN 16-bit char can be interpreted