How do I view other user's Sent Items through Outlook
Nandan
2008-02-04 09:00:26 UTC
Hi,

How do I view other user's Sent Items through Outlook without the
need for asking the user to delegate control. The HR department of the
company wants to view some user's mailboxes.I added the HR department
user group to the user's EXchange Advanced>Mailbox Rights>Full Mailbox
access but the only folders I get are Inbox,Journals,Tasks,Contacts
and Notes. How do I view sent items,deleted Items and other custom
folders the user has created.

I dont want the users also to know that their mails can be read by
other persons.The HR department has to have full access to other
mailboxes as per comapany regulations!

Thanks.

Regards,
Nandagopal
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
2008-02-04 13:37:36 UTC
Post by Nandan
Hi,
How do I view other user's Sent Items through Outlook without the
need for asking the user to delegate control. The HR department of the
company wants to view some user's mailboxes.I added the HR department
user group to the user's EXchange Advanced>Mailbox Rights>Full Mailbox
access but the only folders I get are Inbox,Journals,Tasks,Contacts
and Notes. How do I view sent items,deleted Items and other custom
folders the user has created.
I dont want the users also to know that their mails can be read by
other persons.The HR department has to have full access to other
mailboxes as per comapany regulations!
Thanks.
Regards,
Nandagopal
Either use OWA or add the other mailbox(es) to your Outlook profile

Tools | email accounts | view/change -->next | Exchange (change) | More
Settings | Advanced
Nandan
2008-02-15 05:06:16 UTC
Thanks buddy,

Nice simple answer and working one too! I have also some queires about
what the front end and back end configurations are,why do we use it
and stuff like that. Could you tell me some good links to learn about
this or better still if you could explain it me,either briefly or a
long explanation.

Thanks buddy!

Regards,
nandagopal
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
2008-02-15 17:12:29 UTC
Post by Nandan
Thanks buddy,
Nice simple answer and working one too! I have also some queires about
what the front end and back end configurations are,why do we use it
and stuff like that. Could you tell me some good links to learn about
this or better still if you could explain it me,either briefly or a
long explanation.
Thanks buddy!
Regards,
nandagopal
Hi - I'm not sure what you're asking, but it isn't relevant to the previous
post - please post a new message, stating exactly what you want to know (and
for which version & SP level of Exchange).

General front-end/back-end info:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996980(EXCHG.65).aspx
t***@gmail.com
2012-11-27 08:20:38 UTC
Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
Post by Nandan
[...]
Thank you, Lanwench. You help me very much!

Huan