Recover corrupt Exchange BKF backup
Jarryd
2008-03-07 10:19:27 UTC
Hi,

I have a corrupt BKF file that contains an important backup of my Exchange
Server 2003 server. It was made using NTBackup and no errors were logged
when the backup file was created.

I have bought Nucleus BKF recovery software but the software can only access
the system state files. It can see the Exchange backup items but it doesn't
recognise them as items that can be recovered. What a waste.

Is there other software out that can help me? Or something else I can try.
I was told an old version of NT Backup (from NT 4.0 I think) can sometimes
resotre these files when others won't. Is there no way to repair (not
recover contents) of corrupt BKF files?

TIA,

Jarryd
Susan
Jarryd
Ed Crowley [MVP]
2008-03-07 16:38:10 UTC
Or OnTrack.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange
Jarryd
Jarryd
2008-03-11 11:32:43 UTC
Thanks all for your recommendations.

Jarryd
Post by Ed Crowley [MVP]
Or OnTrack.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange
Jarryd
m***@gmail.com
2008-03-08 11:07:50 UTC
Hi,
I have a corruptBKFfile that contains an important backup of my Exchange
Server 2003 server. It was made using NTBackup and no errors were logged
when the backup file was created.
I have bought NucleusBKFrecovery software but the software can only access
the system state files. It can see the Exchange backup items but it doesn't
recognise them as items that can be recovered. What a waste.
Is there other software out that can help me? Or something else I can try.
I was told an old version of NT Backup (from NT 4.0 I think) can sometimes
resotre these files when others won't. Is there no way to repair (not
recover contents) of corruptBKFfiles?
TIA,
Jarryd
Hi,

You can try a popular BKF file recovery tool called Advanced BKF
Repair to repair your BKF file. It is a powerful tool to repair
corrupt or damaged BKF files.

Detailed information about Advanced BKF Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/abr/

And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/abr/abr.exe

Alan
marlin83
2011-08-02 08:50:59 UTC
Jarryd wrote on 03/07/2008 05:19 ET
Post by Jarryd
Hi
I have a corrupt BKF file that contains an important backup of my Exchang
Server 2003 server. It was made using NTBackup and no errors were logge
when the backup file was created
I have bought Nucleus BKF recovery software but the software can only acces
the system state files. It can see the Exchange backup items but it doesn'
recognise them as items that can be recovered. What a waste
Is there other software out that can help me? Or something else I can try
I was told an old version of NT Backup (from NT 4.0 I think) can sometime
resotre these files when others won't. Is there no way to repair (no
recover contents) of corrupt BKF files
TIA
Jarry
In some cases Exchange BKF file become damaged or corrupted due to an
unforeseen reason. BKF corruption can cause Exchange data loss. Whenever BK
files get corrupted that become impossible to restore the data again by usin
NTBACKUP utility while the backup was developed

After a long research on the web market i found a tool developed by th
Sysinfotools. It SysInfoTools Exchange BKF Recovery Tool. This tool wil
surel
help the users who are facing his important BKF file corruption. This tool
giv
100% positive result, even their live technical support team is very helpfu
an
knowledgeable

Keep it up SysInfoTools, you rocks

Site link: http://www.sysinfotools.com/recovery/exchange-bkf-recovery.html
Bibo Maria
2012-06-13 09:31:43 UTC
Kernel for BKF repair software quickly restores all the data from damaged BKF files. You don’t need to look around for older backups or deal with data loss issues. It can easily restore data from all backups created using ntbackup.exe utility and backup files created using Backup Exec by VERITAS. For more info visit: http://www.bkffilerepair.org/
l***@gmail.com
2012-07-09 07:20:35 UTC
It’s tough to handle the situation when backup files get corrupt. But no need to worry anymore! Use Recoveryfix for BKF and recover files and folders from corrupt BKF archives. All BKF files created with Backup Exec by VERITAS software, under Windows, Novell and Macintosh are fully supported by this software. To clear your doubts regarding software functionality, download and try demo version.
you can download this software from here http://www.openbkffile.com/
t***@gmail.com
Jarryd
j***@gmail.com
2012-10-18 07:41:15 UTC
All users are stored your precious data on computer’s/ laptop’s hard disk, sometimes that data can be lost or inaccessible due to this kinds of reasons like power failure, virus infected, human errors, unexpected system shutdown, software and hardware malfunctions, bad sectors in a hard disk, CRC errors and many more reasons.

If you have critical data contained in a .BKF file and want to restore it.

Method 1 (Recommended): Microsoft has now released the Windows NT Backup Restore Utility for Windows 7 to restore data from .BKF archive.

Method 2: Using Windows XP’s NTBackup Tool to restore data

if you you want any help see: http://msbkfrecovery.blogspot.com
fannie
2013-02-12 14:51:29 UTC
Post by Jarryd
Hi
I have a corrupt BKF file that contains an important backup of my Exchang
Server 2003 server. It was made using NTBackup and no errors were logge
when the backup file was created
I have bought Nucleus BKF recovery software but the software can only acces
the system state files. It can see the Exchange backup items but it doesn'
recognise them as items that can be recovered. What a waste
Is there other software out that can help me? Or something else I can try
I was told an old version of NT Backup (from NT 4.0 I think) can sometime
resotre these files when others won't. Is there no way to repair (no
recover contents) of corrupt BKF files
TIA
Jarry
I am an Exhange user and my server backup also get corrupted due to som
logica
error at that time, I use third party Exchange BKF Recovery utility as
don’t find manual method safe

For More Info About Tool: http://www.exchangebkfrecovery.org/
o***@gmail.com
2014-03-08 15:56:19 UTC
Exchange BKF Recovery tool repairs corrupt exchange backup files to retrieve all EDB, STM, and LOG files present on Exchange Backup Server. The tool saves scanned information for recovery at later time and creates Log Report. For more information and free download click http://exchangebkffilerecovery.blogspot.com
b***@gmail.com
2014-03-27 07:22:29 UTC
Hi Jarryd,

As there is no manual solution to recover corrupted Exchange BKF file. But you can restore data from corrupted BKF file with the help of third-party tool. You can refer to this blog post to get the optimal solution: http://nalavadebela.wordpress.com/2014/03/21/how-to-recover-data-from-your-corrupted-exchange-bkf-file/ . I am sure it will solve your problem.

Thanks.
k***@gmail.com
2014-05-07 09:32:34 UTC
Restoration of data from corrupt BKF file can be done only after the completion of repairing process of BKF file. User will need to get the BKF repair tool which provides complete ease to scan & repair BKF file after which user can restore backed-up data from repaired backup files. Free demo facility is also available with which user can learn the process of repairing BKF files & preview repaired data. Easiest way to restore and recover your all Windows XP Backup with full accuracy by using Kernel for BKF Repair tool. To know more information, visit: http://www.recoverfilesdownload.com/bkf-recovery.html
b***@gmail.com
2014-06-24 11:51:40 UTC
Easiest way to restore and recover your all Windows XP Backup with full accuracy by using Kernel for BKF Repair tool. The application is very well supported
by all BKF files created using MS backup ntbackup. To know more information, visit here: http://www.recoverfilesdata.com/bkf-recovery-software.html
k***@gmail.com
2014-11-17 06:35:34 UTC
I searched for the tool to repair it then I found BKF Recovery tool and got very good results from that and repair my all backkup file without modifying or overwriting the original file.

Download":- http://www.filesrecoverytool.com/bkf-recovery-tool.html
a***@gmail.com
2015-04-20 08:44:34 UTC
Hi,

It seems your BKF File is Corrupted ,NTBACKUP work only for a minor corrupted BKF File. If your NTBACKUP is not working properly go for other solution may be a Professional Recovery Tool of BKF File .You can get more information about how to recover BKF Files from here : http://www.mannatsoftware.com/stellar-phoenix-bkf-recovery.html

Thanks