Enable IMAP4 and POP3 for a specified user
Larry
2008-03-04 14:47:03 UTC
I am trying to use the Set-CASMailbox command to enable IMAP4 and POP3 for a
user and I can't get it to work. The command I am using is:

Set-CASMailbox -identity <username> imapenable and it comes back and says
"The redirection operator '<' is not supported yet." Is there something I'm
missing here?

Larry
Rodolfo
2008-03-04 17:06:03 UTC
Larry,
Did you try to enable this using the GUI? In any case, I don't know if the
post is not displaying correctly but your command doesn't look right... Is
this what you are tipying?

Set-CASMailbox -identity <username>-ImapEnabled:$true
Larry
Larry
2008-03-04 17:30:03 UTC
Here is what I am typing:

PS C:\Documents and Settings\root> Set-CASMailbox -identity <username>
-ImapEnabled:$true
The redirection operator '<' is not supported yet.
At line:1 char:27
+ Set-CASMailbox -identity <l <<<< holbert> -ImapEnabled:$true
Larry
Bharat Suneja [MVP]
2008-03-04 17:12:10 UTC
Set-CASMailbox -identity "username" -ImapEnabled $true

You can use any name that uniquely identifies a user for the -identity
parameter, such as:
- sAMAccountName
- Display Name
- mailNickname/alias
- distinguishedName
- SMTP address
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange
Larry
Larry
2008-03-04 17:55:00 UTC
Ok here is the error I get when I type this command.

The term 'Set-CASMailbox' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable
program, or script file. Verify the term and try again.
At line:1 char:15
Larry
Rich Matheisen [MVP]
2008-03-05 02:24:02 UTC
Post by Larry
Ok here is the error I get when I type this command.
The term 'Set-CASMailbox' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable
program, or script file. Verify the term and try again.
At line:1 char:15
+ Set-CASMailbox <<<< -identity "username" -ImapEnabled $true
Are you running that cmdlet from the Exchange Management Shell or from
the regular old Powershell?
--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
Or to these, either: mailto:***@pinkroccade.com mailto:***@getronics.com mailto:***@pinkroccade.com
j***@gmail.com
2015-09-10 08:07:54 UTC
Hi,

First your need to run this command on powershell

Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin

then

Set-CASMailbox -identity "domain\username" -ImapEnabled $true

Hope this will help you to resolve....
Larry
Rich Matheisen [MVP]
2008-03-05 02:22:06 UTC
Post by Larry
I am trying to use the Set-CASMailbox command to enable IMAP4 and POP3 for a
Set-CASMailbox -identity <username> imapenable and it comes back and says
"The redirection operator '<' is not supported yet." Is there something I'm
missing here?
Well, yeah! The construct "<username>" is supposed to be replaced by
the user name. The "<" and ">" are a convention used to show that you
must supply a meaningful value.

set-casmailbox -id ***@yourdomain.com -ImapEnabled:$true