How do I determine Mailbox Store GUID?
Jarryd
2008-01-24 10:51:03 UTC
Hi,

I want ot increase the size limit of one of my Exch Srvr 2003 SE mailbox
stores. To do this I need to know the GUID of the mailbox store. How do I
work out which one is which?

TIA,

Jarryd
Alstar
Jarryd
Alstar
2008-01-24 12:56:00 UTC
After installing Exchange Sp2 you must make the following changes to the
Registry
1. On the computer running Exchange Server, start\Run\Regedit
2. Open one of the following registry keys:
3. The registry entries have to be made on each individual Store. (Private
and
Public)

4. To configure the database size limit on a mailbox store, open the
following
registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\Server
name\Private-Mailbox Store GUID

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\Server
name\Public-Public Store GUID

4. Right click on the Private Store GUID and select New -> Dword Value
5. For the value name type: Database Size Limit in Gb.
6. Double -click the Database Size Limit in Gb and set the value. But default
after installing Exchange sp2 it increases to 18Gb. Type any value between 1
and
75. These numbers represent 1GB to 75GB
7. If you want to increase the size of the Public Store follow steps 4 - 6
above.

8. Restart the Information Store
9. Look in the Application Log within the Event Viewer 1216 this file should
show
the database size of 25GB or the desired size.
Jarryd
Bharat Suneja [MVP]
2008-01-24 13:41:33 UTC
... or use this script:
SCRIPT: Get Store GUIDs
http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/03/script-get-store-guids.html
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange
Jarryd
Jarryd

Jarryd
p***@gmail.com
2013-01-04 16:59:04 UTC
I know this is an old post, but someone recently asked me this question so I looked into it for them. What I was told, was that in their exchange 2003 environment, they did want/need to set different limits for each mailbox database.

For me, what I found to work was if you use ADSI Edit and go to;

CN=Configuration,DC=YOUR-DOMAIN
CN=Services
CN=Microsoft Exchange
CN=Administrative Groups,CN=YOUR-DOMAIN
CN=YOUR-SITE
CN=Servers
CN=YOUR-SERVER
CN=InformationStore
CN=First Storage Group

On the right, you will see all your databases.

For each, choose Properties and edit the "objectGUID" attribute.

Change the view (edit value) to "Hexadecimal".

The value shown will be similar to;

E6 05 45 F7 BD C2 3B 4A 94 A1 9B CF 25 FB 93 AA

This IS the GUID to reference that particular database.

Note that it appears backwards from what you see in the registry?

Meaning E6 05 45 F7 BD C2 3B 4A 94 A1 9B CF 25 FB 93 AA broken down by section, equals Private-f74505e6-c2bd-4a3b-94a1-9bcf25fb93aa

I found it easiest to write down then name of the database I was viewing, then wrote down the first few letters and numbers IN REVERSE (AA 93 FB = the Private-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxf25fb93aa) - This was my "Executives Mailbox" database.

Hit cancel when you're done, repeat for each database in ADSI Edit and then jump over to the Registry to match the GUID.

Hope this helps...