550 5.7.1 Message rejected by content filtering
Mark
2008-10-08 12:15:00 UTC
I am running exchange 2007 with the antispam filter enabled. someone is
saying that approximately 50% of the time that they try to send email to a
user in our domain they email is rejected with the following. I also had
them resend that same email to me and they received the same message. Is
this related to the antispam feature in ex07 or is this something else?

550 5.7.1 Message rejected as spam by Content Filtering.
Rich Matheisen [MVP]
2008-10-08 16:45:05 UTC
Post by Mark
I am running exchange 2007 with the antispam filter enabled. someone is
saying that approximately 50% of the time that they try to send email to a
user in our domain they email is rejected with the following. I also had
them resend that same email to me and they received the same message. Is
this related to the antispam feature in ex07 or is this something else?
550 5.7.1 Message rejected as spam by Content Filtering.
Perhaps the SCL level is set too low for your organization? Check the
Hub Transport "Anti-Spam" tab and see what you're rejecting. If it's
limited to a few senders, maybe they should be added to the exceptions
list?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
Mark
2008-10-08 19:43:44 UTC
Does the spam filter in exchange 2007 send back emails to the sender?
If so why would I want exchange sending out rejected messages to potential
spam?

Where can you add an address from outside your organization so that whenever
they send something it will go through. I guess I'm wondering where the
whitelist is?
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
Jamestechman
2008-10-08 20:23:49 UTC
Exchange 2007 Content FIlter: The Whitelist Is Here!
http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/01/exchange-2007-content-filter-whitelist.html

James Chong (MVP)
MCITP | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+,
Security+, Project+, ITIL
msexchangetips.blogspot.com
Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP]
I am running exchange 2007 with the antispam filter enabled.  someone is
saying that approximately 50% of the time that they try to send email to a
user in our domain they email is rejected with the following.  I also had
them resend that same email to me and they received the same message.  Is
this related to the antispam feature in ex07 or is this something else?
550 5.7.1 Message rejected  as spam by Content Filtering.
Perhaps the SCL level is set too low for your organization? Check the
Hub Transport "Anti-Spam" tab and see what you're rejecting. If it's
limited to a few senders, maybe they should be added to the exceptions
list?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP- Hide quoted text -
Alexander Zammit [MVP]
2008-10-08 20:22:01 UTC
No the Content Filter does not send back emails. It rejects emails. These
rejections may cause the sending server (not your server which in this case
is the receiving server) to generate an NDR. This is ok since only the
senders who want NDRs will actually generate NDRs.

Did you check what your threshold settings are? I suggest you to do that.
You will find details here:
http://www.exchangeinbox.com/article.aspx?i=104&t=3
--
Alexander Zammit