Enable-Mailbox : Read only MultiValuedProperty does not support this operation
jda
2008-06-12 17:55:48 UTC
I'm trying to add a mailbox to an existitng users using enable-
mailbox. The server has CAS/HUB/Mailbox roles and is the second CAS
due to multiple sites in domain. I can move existing mailboxes from a
e2k7 or e2k3 server to this server. I just can't create new
mailboxes.

Any ideas?

I have only found this error message on problems installing the CAS,
which doens't apply to me.

Enable-Mailbox -Identity 'domain\username' -Alias 'username' -Database
'servername\First Storage Group\INDP0' -DomainController dc.domain.edu
-ActiveSyncMailboxPolicy 'Default'
WARNING: An unexpected error has occurred and debug information is
being
generated: Read only MultiValuedProperty does not support this
operation.
Enable-Mailbox : Read only MultiValuedProperty does not support this
operation.
At line:1 char:15

John
jda
2008-06-12 18:05:07 UTC
On Jun 12, 12:55 pm, jda <***@graceland.edu> wrote:

I just tried New-Mailbox for a test user and it works. It seems I
only having problems using Enable-Mailbox.

John
whuber
2008-06-12 18:23:01 UTC
Hey John,

Give this a try... launch adsiedit and go to the properties of a user
account that works (the one that you created with the new-mailbox command),
and copy the msExchVersion value.

Paste it to the properties of a user account that you cannot mailbox enable
and try again. The value should be 4535486012416.

Let me know if this works.

-Will
John
jda
2008-06-12 19:09:23 UTC
On Jun 12, 1:23 pm, whuber <***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

That did the trick. Thanks!!

I didn't think of looking at the user record - I checked a bunch of
the server one.

John