Exchange 2003 Corruption
KA Kueh
2006-01-20 04:11:02 UTC
Dear all,

I am having Event ID 447 with the following error message,

Information Store (5504) First Storage Group: A bad page link (error -338)
has been detected in a B-Tree (ObjectId: 1184, PgnoRoot: 353473) of database
D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb (353473 => 905381, 905386).

I have rebuilded the Public and Private store from scratch but still every
day the error appear. I have done this three times. My server is a Dell
1600SC with 512MB ECC memory with RAID5 harddisk. There is no error message
from the RAID controller or memory as I go through the Event Viewer. I do
not have any file based anti-virus but does have TrendMicro ScanMail version
7.0 for Exchange. What can be the cause of the Problem?

Regards,
Kueh.
John Fullbright
2006-01-20 07:00:37 UTC
You've probably already read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810190/en-us .

I don't put much faith in a repaired database. Migrate the mail to a new
database. and drop the old one. If you're running the Enterprise version,
you can mount a new store and use movemailbox with very little user impact.
If not, you'l most likely have to schedule some downtime, export to pst.,
drop the store and mount a new one, and exmerge the mail back in.
Kueh.
KA Kueh
2006-01-20 10:07:01 UTC
Hi,

What I did was to do a Exmerge and export all mailbox and then rebuild the
exchange store from ground up then exmerge the mailbox in. I did the merging
at night and the first thing in the morning when someone login via outlook
the store will report Event ID 447. I would like to know is it possible if
the motherboard is causing data corruption but Windows 2003 Server is not
reporting it.
Kueh.
Mike Roberts [MVP]
2014-12-13 17:40:48 UTC
Main cause of this error is corruption in Exchange database files and we successfully resolved this problem with the help of this advanced and popular application: http://www.recover-computerdata.com/exchange-server-recovery.html

Hope it will also help to those who are facing such problem !
Mike
k***@gmail.com
2015-02-02 11:35:00 UTC
Use Exchange Server Recovery help of to recover EDB mailbox and convert EDB file to PST file without any damages. Take only 2-3 minutes for repairing EDB file database and exporting EDB to PST file perfectly.

Visit:- http://www.exchangeserver.pcrecoverytools.com/
Admoran Philip
2015-08-14 10:45:36 UTC
Fix exchange server 2003 corruption then use Eseutil and other manual methods, if you want to perfect repair with advance application use another edb repair tool like exchange recovery software. It is available here http://www.edbtopst.edbrepairtool.net/